Schedule and Announcements for 2/3 – 2/9
Weekly Highlights & Notes
Swim/Dive Meets: It’s LEAGUE week! It’s a BUSY week filled with JV, Prelims, and Finals, plus a Team Dinner on Wednesday night. Make sure to view the practice schedule and meet schedule because it will vary depending on your swimmer.
Here is this week’s schedule.
(Links to directions, meet times, and meet information are available on the website’s event calendar or by clicking the link below.)
- JV League Meet @ Summit Trail MS on February 4th at 3:30 pm
- SMS Team Dinner @ SMS School on February 5th at 5:30 pm (Volunteers Still Needed)
- Sunflower League Diving Prelims at SMSDAC on February 6th at 4:30 pm
- Sunflower League Swimming Prelims at SMSDAC on February 7th at 4:30 pm
- Sunflower League Swimming & Dive Finals at SMSDAC on February 8th at 9:30 am
NOTE: Sunflower League Prelims for Swimming and Finals for Swimming and Diving will charge a $7 entry fee.
In some cases, your son may be swimming both JV and Varsity League. If this is the case, the coach has spoken to your son. If your son is swimming only JV League, his season will be done on Tuesday, but we encourage him to come to the team dinner and support the team at Sunflower League on Friday.
JV League Swimmers: Matt Schultz, Haden Whitbrod, Anton Walters, Graham Hopkins, Daniel Graves, Kyle Gellhaus, Cesar Barradas, Joey Kelly, Nathan Tompkins, and Chris Petrella.
Varsity League Swimmers: Joe Barreca, Lucas Beach, Paul Conrady, Kyle Gellhaus, Daniel Graves, Carson Guthrie, Graham Hopkins, Charlie Krause, Owen Krussow, Ryan Nolan, Ryan Owens, Chris Petrella, Nathan Snyder, and Max Toney.
Varsity League Divers: Sam Aldeguer, Jacob Held, and Tim Holmes.
Boys Booster Club Coach’s Gift
The Boys Booster Club is THRILLED to be providing an LED Pace Clock to the Swim Team.
This year the boys have been without an LED Pace Clock. A pace clock is essential in Race-Based Practices to allow the swimmer to know if they are hitting their mark or not.
Coach Berg will be ordering the clock soon and looks forward to using this clock at the end of the boy’s season and for many more seasons to come.
Thank you for supporting SMS Boys Swim with your Booster Club Fees.
Sunflower League Team Dinner – February 5th
Provide a taco feast to the boys before the Sunflower League Meet. The dinner will be at SMS in the Gym Lobby after practice on February 5th.
Plan to bring your hot dish by 5:15 pm. Can’t make it by 5:15? We also have needs for paper goods, water bottles, and pre-made desserts. Dinner will conclude around 7:00 pm.
Please see the times and locations below.
Practice Schedule: 2/3 – 2/9
- Monday, 2/3: 3:30 – 6:00 pm at SMSDAC
- Tuesday, 2/4: JV League Meet @ Summit Trail MS AND Varsity Practice from 3 – 5 pm at SMS
- Thursday, 2/6: Sunflower League Diving Prelims at SMSDAC AND Varsity Practice from 3 – 5 pm at SMS AND Team Dinner from 5:15 – 7:00 pm
- Friday, 2/7: Sunflower League Swimming Prelims at SMSDAC
- Saturday, 2/8: Sunflower League Swimming & Dive Finals at SMSDAC
Boys Swim Shutterfly Account
We have an official Boys Swim and Dive Shutterfly Account for any pictures you would like to share. The team loves seeing pictures of themselves and as more photos are added, we will share them on the website. (There are some amazing photos from Gabe!)
The password will be sent via email this week.
SMS Swim & Dive Team Banquet
The Boys Swim and Dive Team Banquet will be on Thursday, February 27th at 6:00 pm in the SMS Cafeteria.
All parents and family members are invited.
- $10 Adults (and Athletes who did not join the Booster Club)
- $5 Child (12-under)
- Free – Athletes in the Booster Club. (The athlete’s banquet cost was included in their Booster dues)
Booster Club “Thank You”
Thank You to the Conrady Family is providing Team Lunches on Tuesday, January 28th.
Feed Our Boys Reminder & Volunteer Sign Up
The Kelly Family is providing Team Lunches for the JV Meet on Monday, February 4th.
The Aldegar Family is providing Team Lunches for the Varsity League Diving Prelims on Thursday, February 6th.
The Krause Family is providing Team Lunches for the Varsity League Swimming Prelims on Friday, February 7th.