2020/21 Season Announcements & Reminders
Important season announcements and reminders for the 2020/2021 Swim Season.
All swimmers and divers (both new and returning) will need to register for the team via this secure online registration form.
Timely registration helps us update the team mailing list and ensures team spirit wear can be ordered as soon as possible so the boys can have it available for the early meets. If you register before November 19th, we will be able to order t-shirts have them available for the boy’s first meet on December 2nd. Registration received after the 19th will still be accepted, but t-shirts won’t be available until late December. New team members, please note, this is different than the “team interest form” you filled out earlier.
There are several new COVID-19 protocols for swim and dive.
- All athletes are required to fill out a COVID questionnaire daily before they come to practice. Athletes should fill out a COVID questionnaire between 10 am and 12 pm. COVID questionnaire can be found on the Swim Website Menubar under COVID Questionnaire.
- If they are not feeling well, they MUST stay home and contact one of the coaches. Athletes that stay home may not return to practice or competition until they have been cleared by the SMS school nurse.
- There will be no locker rooms. Athletes coming from home should come to practice dressed in their swimsuit. Athletes coming from school will change in bathrooms. Gym bags will be stowed in the swim area.
- Athletes will be split into groups and groups will spread out around the pool based on their lanes. You are not allowed to change lanes unless specified by a Coach. While on deck, every athlete and coach will wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Athletes may not carpool with non-family. If the athlete is driving, make sure to fill out Transportation Form.
- No communal food or drink. No team meals, Saturday donuts, or team lunches. Do not share water bottles.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please email Coach Berg.
Team Suits – Orders Due By November 19th
SwimQuik will be providing suits for the Boys Swim & Dive Team.
The jammers and backpack will feature the SM South logo “Cool Patch”.
In order to have the suits for the first meet on December 2nd, suits need to be ordered by November 19th.
–> Click HERE to place your swimsuit order.
The SMS Raider Swim Website will be updated soon with the 2020 – 2021 Meet Schedule.
Practice will be conducted at both the SMS pool and at SMSDAC. Schedules will be posted weekly. Please see the Practice Schedule Menu for the latest information.
The SMS Raider Swim Website (including the event and practice calendar) and the team mailing list are the primary communications tools used throughout the season.
Physicals and Athletic Forms
All physical, participation, and concussion forms are due to the Athletic Director’s assistant by Friday, November 13th to begin practice on Monday, November 16th. You can find more information HERE and HERE.