Swim & Dive Schedule: Week of 12/07
What an amazing first week of swim and dive!! Through the first two meets, we have state qualifying or consideration time in 8 out of the 11 events. It’s going to be an exciting season.
Weekly Highlights & Notes
Swim/Dive Meets: The boys’ have one swim and dive meet this week.
There is no team transportation to this meet. Swimmers and Divers should be at the SMSDAC at 2:30 pm. The meet will begin at 3:30 pm.
They will need to be dressed in their suits on arrival at SMSDAC. After the meet is over, swimmers and divers can use the restroom to change into dry clothes for the ride home. The meet should last approximately two hours.
NOTE: Be sure your son has extra masks, a Ziploc bag for his mask (to keep it dry), and his own water bottle and snacks for the meet.
(Links to directions, meet times, and meet information are available on the website’s event calendar.)
NFHSNetwork is LIVE at SMSDAC: SMSDAC has been set up on the NFHSNetwork. NFHSNetwork is a live-streaming company that works with the Shawnee Mission School District. With this service, you will be able to watch the rest of the boys swim and dive meets via live-stream. (All of the meets for the rest of the year will be at SMSDAC.) NFHS is supported on Apple, Android, ROKU, AppleTV, and FireTV, as well as any desktop browser. The cost is $10.99 per month or $69.99 annually.
MeetMobile: The SMSDAC uses MeetMobile Swim App to provide real-time meet results and standings during meets. More schools are starting to use this app and it is a way to stay informed of your son’s performance if you can’t be there in person. The app is available in the Apple & Google Play Store. Subscriptions run free (for basic heat sheet only), to $2.49 per month or annually for $6.99 (for real-time event results).
SMS Swim & Dive Schedule Has Been Updated. The schedule has been updated with this year’s meets. Like with everything this year, this can change at a moment’s notice. The event calendar also has all meets, as well as locations and times. If in doubt, make sure to check the Sunflower League Calendar.
Covid Procedures: Please remind your swimmers/divers to review the Covid Procedures at the bottom of this post before all practices and meets and to follow masking and social distancing guidelines.
Practice Schedule (Swim): 12/07 – 12/13
- Monday, 12/07: 3:00 – 5:30 pm at SMSouth
- Tuesday, 12/08: 3:00 – 5:00 pm at SMSouth
- Wednesday, 12/09: Meet: Olathe West
- Thursday, 12/10: 3:00 – 5:30 pm at SMSouth
- Friday, 12/11: 3:00 – 5:00 pm at SMSouth
- Saturday, 12/12: 7:00 – 9:30 am at SMSouth
Practice Schedule (Dive): 12/07 – 12/13
- Monday, 12/07: 4:00 – 5:30 pm at SMSouth
- Tuesday, 12/08: NO PRACTICE
- Wednesday, 12/09: Meet: Olathe West
- Thursday, 12/10: NO PRACTICE
- Friday, 12/11: 3:00 – 4:15 pm at SMSDAC
- Saturday, 12/12: 9:00 – 10:30 am at SMSouth
- All athletes are required to fill out a COVID questionnaire daily before they come to practice. Athletes should fill out a COVID questionnaire between 10 am and 12 pm. COVID questionnaire can be found on the Swim Website Menubar under COVID Questionnaire.
- Athletes must have a mask/face covering on at all times. They will need to bring a zip-lock bag and before they enter the pool remove their mask and place it in the baggie and secure it. Once they exit the pool, they will need to put the mask back on.
- If they are not feeling well, they MUST stay home and contact one of the coaches. Athletes that stay home may not return to practice or competition until they have been cleared by the SMS school nurse.
- There will be no locker rooms. Athletes coming from home should come to practice dressed in their swimsuit. Athletes coming from school will change in bathrooms. Gym bags will be stowed in the swim area.
- Athletes will be split into groups and groups will spread out around the pool based on their lanes. You are not allowed to change lanes unless specified by a Coach. While on deck, every athlete and coach will wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Athletes may not carpool with non-family. If the athlete is driving, make sure to fill out Transportation Form.
- No communal food or drink. No team meals, Saturday donuts, or team lunches. Do not share water bottles.