It’s time to get ready for STATE!
Here is this week’s practice schedule and information about the State Meet on Friday.
Practice Schedule (Swim & Dive): 2/15 – 2/19
- Monday, 2/15: 11 – 1:30 pm at SMSouth (NO SCHOOL.)
- Tuesday, 2/16:
3:00 – 5:00 pm at SMSouth(Canceled)
- Wednesday, 2/17: 3:00 – 4:30 pm at SMSouth
- Thursday, 2/18: 3:00 – 4:30 pm at SMSouth
Kansas 6A State Swim & Dive Meet Schedule (2/19)
The Kansas 6A State Swim & Dive Championship meet will be held at the SMSDAC on Friday, 2/19. No spectators are allowed, but it will be streamed on NFHS Network. You can also follow the meet on the MeetMobile app.
- 8:30 am: Divers arrive.
- 9 – 11 am: Diving Warm-Ups
- 11:00 am: Diving Prelims & Semi-Finals
- 1:30 pm: Swimmers arrive.
- 2 – 2:30 pm: Shawnee Mission South Swim Warmups
- 4:15 pm: Diving Finals begin followed by Swimming Timed Finals
(More details including State Heat Sheet and GroupMe Text for Parents – ’cause we got to find a way to cheer for all of our kids somehow – forthcoming.)
- All athletes are required to fill out a COVID questionnaire daily before they come to practice. Athletes should fill out a COVID questionnaire between 10 am and 12 pm. COVID questionnaire can be found on the Swim Website Menubar under COVID Questionnaire.
- Athletes must have a mask/face covering on at all times. They will need to bring a zip-lock bag and before they enter the pool remove their mask and place it in the baggie and secure it. Once they exit the pool, they will need to put the mask back on.
- If they are not feeling well, they MUST stay home and contact one of the coaches. Athletes that stay home may not return to practice or competition until they have been cleared by the SMS school nurse.
- There will be no locker rooms. Athletes coming from home should come to practice dressed in their swimsuit. Athletes coming from school will change in bathrooms. Gym bags will be stowed in the swim area.
- Athletes will be split into groups and groups will spread out around the pool based on their lanes. You are not allowed to change lanes unless specified by a Coach. While on deck, every athlete and coach will wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Athletes may not carpool with non-family. If the athlete is driving, make sure to fill out Transportation Form.
- No communal food or drink. No team meals, Saturday donuts, or team lunches. Do not share water bottles.