Congratulations to the Girls Team for their 5th Place finish at this weekend’s Sunflower League Championships. Great job girls!
Sarah Ohlde, after much delayed COVID test results, came back to qualify in the 50 Free and also got her consideration time in the 100 Free. Gretchen Schmierer Knust qualified in the 100 Back. Tove Krussow improved her consideration times in both the 100 Fly and 100 Back, and Ella Buss improved her 100 Free consideration time.
The Raiders were led by Olivia Riley who placed second in both the 50 Free and 100 Free, improving her qualifying times in both events. Olivia also anchored the 2nd Place 200 Free Relay, and 4th Place 400 Free Relay.
200 Medley Relay – A. Lowland, G. Rood, T. Krussow, G. Schmierer Knust (8th)
200 Free – E. Buss (11th)
200 IM – G. Schmierer Knust (13th)
50 Free – O. Riley (2nd)
100 Butterfly – T. Krussow (10th)
100 Free – O. Riley (2nd), E. Buss (6th)
500 Free – C. Guthrie (16th)
200 Free Relay – S. Ohlde, E. Buss, T. Krussow, O. Riley (2nd)
100 Backstroke – G. Schmierer Knust (11th), T. Krussow (13th)
100 Breaststroke – G. Rood (15th)
400 Free Relay – S. Ohlde, E. Buss, G. Schmierer Knust, O. Riley (4th)
Congratulations to our SMS State Team
- Gretchen Schmierer Knust
- Tove Krussow
- Grace Rood
- Ella Buss
- Sarah Olde
- Olivia Riley
State Meet Updates
KSHSAA continues to update their planning for the State Meet. Visit the KSHSAA Girls State webpage for the latest information. Here’s a brief summary.
- The 6A competition will take place on one day – Friday May 21st. Divers will have prelims and semifinals in the morning, starting at 9:30am. Swimmers will not have prelims. All races will be timed-finals. Finals competition begins at 3:45pm, with the dive finals as the first event.
- Limited spectators will be allowed.
- To attend, digital tickets must be purchased via GoFan – through their app or via the GoFan Website
- On Tuesday, May 18, participating schools will receive unique passcodes for GoFan Digital Ticketing allowing each senior participant two tickets and one ticket for all other participants.
- At noon on Thursday, May 20, all remaining tickets will be accessible to the general public via the GoFan App, the GoFan Website and the KSHSAA Website.
Schedule for Week of 5/10/21
Only the members of the state team will be practicing.
- Monday – SMDAC – 3:00 – 5:30pm
- Tuesday – SMS – 3:00 – 5:30pm
- Wednesday – SMDAC – 3:00 – 5:30pm
- Thursday – SMS – 3:00 – 5:30pm
- Friday – SMS – 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Saturday – SMS – 7:30 – 9:30am
Save the Date : Team Awards Night is Thursday, May 20th.