Great Job Raiders!
Swimming prelims concluded yesterday with some outstanding performances from the entire team. Many swimmers dropped their times significantly. Some highlights:
- All three relays qualified in the top 8 (the “A” finals), with the 200 Medley Relay improving their time by 2.4 seconds.
- Gretchen Schmierer Knust qualified for State in the 100 back (1:05.30). Congratulations Gretchen!
- Olivia Riley took .5 off her 50 time and 1 second off in the 100 Free. She’s seeded 2nd in the 50 and 1st in the 100 for tomorrow’s finals.
- Charlotte Guthrie took nearly 7 seconds off her time in the 200 Free, and 15.36 seconds in the 500 Free! She finished 16th in the 500 and will compete in the B Final on Saturday.
- Annika Lowland took over 7 seconds off her season best time in the 200IM and 4 seconds in the 100 Back. She finished a hard-luck 17th (1st Alternate) in the IM.
- Tove Krussow improved her time in the 100 Butterfly by over 2 seconds and is within .5 of qualifying (1:05.40). She is the top-seed (9th) in the B Finals of the Butterfly, and also finished 16th in the 100 Backstroke, and will compete in both events on Saturday.
- Grace Rood took 4 seconds off her season best in the 100 Breaststroke and will swim on Saturday as the 16th seed.
- Ella Buss took 1 second off in the 100 free and will swim both the 200 Free (seeded 11th) and 100 Free (seeded 7th) on Saturday.
Curious how prelims and finals work? Read our short primer about the championship meets.
Diving Prelims and Semi-Finals take place today (Friday) with the League Swim & Dive Finals on Saturday. The meet will be streamed live on the NFHS Network. You can also follow the meet results on Meet Mobile.